Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)
Level 3 RQF Award
Awarding Body: Highfield Qualifications Course duration 6 hours
Emergency First Aid at Work training provides theoretical and practical training in first aid techniques for adult first aid: To preserve life, prevent the condition from worsening and promote recovery.
This Level 3 qualification is designed for those learners wishing to gain a nationally recognised qualification in first aid and become emergency first aiders in their workplace. This qualification meets the requirements for training emergency first-aiders in those organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level within their first-aid needs assessment.
The topics within this qualification are regarded by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) as being important in maintaining good practice in the safe, prompt and effective treatment of injuries and ill health in the workplace.
The successful completion of this course will give the candidate a Level 3 Certificate in Emergency First Aid at Work which is valid for 3 years after which time re-qualification is necessary.
This course is suitable for Nurseries, Schools and Childcare facilities which present few health and safety risks. Nominated workplace First Aiders or anyone wanting a comprehensive one day first aid training course.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
• Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries
This includes practical training at our site in Bolton, Greater Manchester and any training at your venue will be subject to a separate charge for travel and any overnight accommodation costs.