Paediatric First Aid Training Level 3 RQF Award
Awarding Body: Highfield Qualifications Course duration: 12 hours
The Paediatric First Aid provides theoretical and practical training in first aid techniques that are specific to infants aged under 1 and children aged from 1 year old to the onset of puberty which meets the requirements of the Statutory Framework for Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and the requirements of Ofsted appropriate to the age of the children in your care.
This 12-hour course is aimed specifically at Practitioners working with children and is based around the most common injuries that occur with children, plus resuscitation. The training includes both theory and practical content within the sessions enabling candidates to demonstrate skills and knowledge; To preserve life, prevent the condition worsening and promote recovery.
The successful completion of this course will give the candidate a certificate which is valid for 3 years and which is recognised by Ofsted.
The course is suitable for Childminders, Playgroup, Nursery, Out of School Clubs and School staff and anybody who works with children and wants a more in-depth course.
- Be able to assess an emergency situation and prioritise what action to take
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Help a baby or child who is having a seizure
- Help a baby or child who is choking
- Help a baby or child who is bleeding
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss (hypovolemic shock)
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from anaphylactic shock
- Help a baby or child who has had an electric shock
- Help a baby or child who has burns or scalds
- Help a baby or child who has a suspected fracture
- Help a baby or child with head, neck or back injuries
- Help a baby or child who is suspected of being poisoned
- Help a baby or child with a foreign body in eyes, ears or nose
- Help a baby or child with an eye injury
- Help a baby or child with a bite or sting
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from the effects of extreme heat or cold
- Help a baby or child having: a diabetic emergency; an asthma attack; an allergic reaction; meningitis; and/or febrile convulsions
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider (including appropriate contents of a first aid box and the need for recording accidents and incidents